Welcome to the webpage for St. Monica Youth Ministry! Here you will find a variety of information including when and where we meet, our focus, upcoming youth group gatherings, any forms for upcoming outings, the team for Youth Ministry as well as some resources that might be helpful as we walk the journey of faith together. You can signup to receive Flocknote communications by clicking this link and then selecting the group "St. Monica Youth Ministry" when prompted: Flocknote Registration
Youth Ministry is for highschoolers in grades 9-12 who are seeking to grow in their relationship with God and with one another.
When and Where?
Youth group meets the 1st and 3rd Sunday of each month from 4:00pm-5:30pm in the Parish Youth Center (PYC) which is located across from gym door #15.
We seek to bring highschoolers together from many different schools and across many different cultures. Youth Ministry at St. Monica is comprised of 3 main elements: fun, faith, and service. We seek to integrate all three of these areas into youth group gatherings and activities.
- Sunday, December 4, 2022: Christmas Store at Holy Family Shelter:
- We will be participating in a service opportunity at the Christmas Store at the Holy Family Shelter. Please plan to meet at the PYC at 12:30pm.
- Sunday, December 18, 2022: Christmas Movie
- We will be gathering to watch a Christmas movie and enjoy some snacks as we prepare for Christmas and Christmas Break. The Christmas movie will be: The Christmas Story.
- Sunday, January 1, 2023: No Youth Group
- We will not be meeting because of the New Years' Holiday.
- Sunday, January 15, 2023: Game Night
- Join us as we come together at the start of a new semester enjoying games and fellowship. Please bring a favorite game to share
- Sunday, January 29, 2023: Bible Adventures
- Join us as we explore the Bible and talk about Imaginative Prayer. We will have a Bible Scavenger Hunt with prizes.
- Sunday, February 19, 2023: Preparations for Lent
- Join us as we talk about Lent and how we can prepare to have the best Lent ever. We will also talk about Consecration to St. Joseph.
- Sunday, March 5, 2023: Ask Father
- Join us as we ask Father questions. An opportunity to submit questions will be provided as the date gets closer.
- Sunday, March 19, 2023: St. Joseph
- Today is the Solemnity of St. Joseph. Join us as we talk about St. Joseph and make our consecration to St. Joseph.
- Sunday, April 2, 2023: No Youth Group
- We will not be meeting because of Spring Break.
- Thursday, April 6, 2023: Holy Thursday Church Tour
- Join us as we travel to 7 different churches throughout the course of the night. We will begin after St. Monica's Holy Thursday Mass (around 8:30pm), and we plan to return to St. Monica around midnight. More information to come.
- Fr. Matthew Perronie, Associate Pastor, St. Monica Indianapolis (email: [email protected]; phone: (317)253-2193)
- Lisa Thibault
- Gara Schommer
- Kathy Moses
- Kathleen Julius
- Steve Schelonka
- Carlie Beckemeyer
- Rachel Marks
- Bryan Sazuate Dominguez
- Erin Koester
If you are interested in becoming a part of the Adult Core Team for Youth Ministry, please contact Fr. Matthew.