We bring to the parish’s attention issues in today’s world where effort is needed to ensure all life is respected. We are a link between the archdiocese and the parish on these issues as well as a link to surrounding parishes.
Some of the ways we serve include:
- Informational bulletin articles
- Prayer services
- Collections for pregnancy crisis centers
- Information about archdiocese workshops
- Legislation updates on life issues
Our ministry meets on the 4th Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. We share prayer and information and we discuss how to serve our parish regarding life issues. We are delighted to add new members to whatever degree they wish to participate.
One of the tenets of Social Justice in the Church is respect for human life. The Respect Life Ministry has three main goals:
- To educate this parish on the issues of abortion and euthanasia with the hope our parishioners will educate others
- To celebrate life throughout the year
- To pray for a more loving and civilized society that does not kill the old, the weak and the unborn We need people who will be active, who have ideas, who will call legislators when necessary, to hand out information at church, to plan community evenings and to pray.
St. Monica Gabriel Project is ready to provide a mother in a crisis or unplanned pregnancy with the kinds of assistance that she needs in caring for herself and for her unborn baby. Examples include:
- Friendship, emotional support, and prayer
- Rides to appointments
- Material items for the baby
- Pastoral care and counseling
- Resources for medical and prenatal care
- Financial assistance resources
- Resources for housing, education, adoption, and employment
We work alongside the St. Monica Pro-Life Committee and the Knights of Columbus. We are part of a network called the Great Lakes Gabriel Project, which is endorsed by the Pro-Life/Family Life Office of every diocese in Indiana and by the Indiana Knights of Columbus. Website: glgabrielproject.org.