Small Church Communities
A Small Church Community (SCC) is a small group of adults, and at times children, who gather to reflect on their lives in the light of the Gospel and to share their Christian faith through prayer, friendship, and service. The early Christians gathered in small groups that allowed deep conversations about faith and life. Today, SCCs facilitate this in the presence of trusted friends. Relationships are formed in which listening and genuine communication are nurtured. The connection of faith and life leads to action on behalf of others. Although each SCC is unique in its membership, style, and meeting format, every SCC contains thefollowing elements:
- Prayer: Individual and group prayers are essential to the life of the community.
- Support: As groups become bonded,support and concern for each other is a natural outcome.
- Reflection: Challenging each other to reach a deeper understanding of the Gospels and the relevance they have in our lives today.
- Learning: Materials and study questions enrich understanding of the scriptures.
- Participation: SCCs are an essential part of the broader St. Monica community and universal church. Groups are encouraged to participate in activities that help strengthen the greater good of all.
- Action: Striving to further the mission of Jesus and deepen relationships with God
For more information about Small Church Communities please contact the Parish Office at 317-253-2193.
Small Church Communities Resources(click on name of resource for hyperlink)
- Ascension Press-Check out 38 different small group programs to choose from including The Great Adventure Bible Timeline.
- Formed-Free weekly Sunday Gospel reflection on the main page and more digital content including hundreds of Catholic video programs, movies, audio, and e-books.
- Word on Fire-Videos from Bishop Robert Barron inculding the popular Catholicism series featuring additional commentary, questions for understanding and application.
- Little Rock Scripture Study-Tons of great resources for studying the Scriptures.
- Renew International-Renew has a long list of programming, coupled with generous amounts of material available for purchase.
- Paulist Evangelization Ministries-A variety of parish-based small group programs.